The R.E.E.L. Event. St. Patrick's College, Drumcondra, 5th November 2015 7.00pm
Guest Speaker - Tomás Ó Ruairc, Director of The Teaching Council
To download event flyer, please CLICK HERE
Research to Empower Educational Leaders REEL Aims and Visions
The Society for Management in Education in Ireland (SMEI) which celebrated its twentieth year in 2012 was founded by Professor John Heywood in Trinity College Dublin. Its aims were:
• to provide a forum for the dissemination of information relating to management in education
• to promote research in the area
• to enable members to share expertise and experience
• to liaise with other interested national and international organisations
• to achieve these goals through the provision of meetings, conferences, seminars and publications
• to explore and discuss contemporary issues in education.
In 2015 the successor of SMEI entitled “Research to Empower Educational Leaders” (REEL) was formed. REEL is an organisation open to all people within the education sector, acknowledging that school leaders currently work with teachers, parents, students, ancillary staff and outside agencies. As an organisation REEL aims to:
• provide a forum for the dissemination of information and research relating to education and educational leadership
• explore and offer the opportunity for discussion, learning and development between likeminded people
• liaise with other interested national and international organisations
REEL will achieve this through both traditional and modern means including publication of an online magazine (e-zine), and meetings where research in the area of education will be presented. Some of the presentations will also be made available online.