Boards of Management - Child Protection (POST PRIMARY ONLY)
Board of Management Child Protection information evening
The Professional Development Service for Teachers (PDST) provide continuing professional development and support in Social Personal and Health Education, Physical Education, Child Protection, Stay Safe, Relationships and Sexuality Education, and Bullying Prevention and Intervention for all teachers in primary and post-primary schools.
The PDST would like to bring the following to the attention of all Boards of Management. The Child Protection Procedures for Primary and Post-Primary Schools, published in 2011 by the Department of Education and Skills, place significant responsibilities on Boards of Management in relation to the implementation and ongoing monitoring of the procedures.
PDST is offering Child Protection information evenings for members of the Boards of Management in collaboration with the post-primary management organisations; JMB, ACCS and ETBI.
It is essential that members of Boards understand their important responsibilities with regard to Child Protection and we would encourage your board members to attend these information evenings.
The aims of the information evenings are to:
• provide members of Boards of Management with key information in relation to the Child Protection Procedures
• clarify the responsibilities of Boards of Management in relation to the welfare and protection of children.
- TO REGISTER, PLEASE CLICK ON THE 'REGISTER (INDIVIDUAL)' BUTTON BELOW.
- Meetings take place from 7.30pm to 9.00pm. Tea/Coffee available from 7.00pm
- UPON REGISTRATION YOU WILL RECEIVE A RESPONSE TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS YOU PROVIDED (PLEASE CHECK YOUR JUNK/SPAM FOLDER IF YOU DO NOT SEE IT IN YOUR INBOX).